Wednesday, October 3, 2012

UnReal Candy- meh



Disclaimer: I received coupons for a free candy bar through BuzzAgent. This is my honest review of the candy.


I was pretty excited to be part of the Unreal Buzzagent campaign. I had seen the candy at Walgreens and wanted to try it, but I'm too cheap to pay full price. So, I eagerly awaited the arrival of my coupons. There was only one coupon for a free candy bar and then several others for buy one get one free. Since, I wanted to try them all, we used some of those to purchase as well.

I let both of  my daughters pick out one they wanted and then we just decided to buy one of each to try them out and we'd all share. We ripped them open as soon as we got to the car and took a bite.  Even though we all had a different version of the candy, we all had the same expression. Not quite yuck, but definitely not YUM either! It was palatable and that's about it. We couldn't quite put our finger on the problem, but the candy is definitely lacking in the good flavor department.

We decided to sample all the versions before reaching a final decision. We all agreed that the M&Ms version was the best and the Reeses version was a VERY big disappointment. (seriously, have these people ever eaten a real Reeses????)

I love the idea behind this candy, all real ingredients, no corn syrup, no preservatives, no hydrogenated oils, but I really doubt I'd buy this again. I'm disappointed, because I really wanted to like this! How someone can go so wrong with chocolate, I will never know.

No comments: